Organic Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Bring three delightfully warm flavors — pumpkin spice, cinnamon and maple — together in this simple bundt cake.
This recipe has been revised for a healthier nutrition profile.
SERVES: 16 slices
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + more for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Pumpkin Spice
For the Glaze:
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 to 1 teaspoon maple flavoring, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil. With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 30 seconds, until fluffy. Add yogurt and beat for 30 seconds, then add pumpkin and vanilla and beat for 40 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice. Add dry mixture into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Grease a bundt pan and dust with flour. Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour, until top is firm and golden.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack, then allow to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, prepare glaze: In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, maple flavor and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined, adding more milk if needed to reach desired consistency. When cake has cooled, drizzle glaze evenly over top.
- If using organic powdered sugar, which tends to clump, sift through a fine mesh sieve first.
- We recommend using Frontier® Maple Flavor.
- For dairy-free cake, substitute almond or cashew milk for the whole milk and yogurt. For best flavor and freshness, store the cake for only 2 days after making.
- For gluten-free cake, substitute an all-purpose gluten-free flour in a 1:1 ratio.