Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl with Black Sesame
A simple Asian-inspired marinade with black sesame seeds brings ahi tuna to life in this vibrant poke bowl loaded with fresh veggies and pineapple.
MAKES: 4 servings
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the ahi tuna:
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper (or more or less, to taste)
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Sesame Seed
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seed
For the Poke Bowls:
- 4 cups steamed white jasmine rice (or brown rice or quinoa)
- 2 cups greens, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks
For Garnish (optional):
- 4 green scallions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- Sriracha sauce
- Lime slices
- In a medium bowl, whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger and crushed red pepper.
- Add tuna and mix to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate for 10 to 30 minutes. Before serving, mix in sesame and black sesame seeds.
- Into each of four serving bowls, add one cup rice and one-fourth of the greens, avocado, cucumber, carrot, pineapple and tuna. If desired, garnish with scallions, cilantro, sriracha, additional sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime.
- For a vegan version, use 1 (14-oz) package of tofu in place of the ahi tuna. Drain tofu of excess liquid and press to remove as much as possible. Dice into 1-inch cubes. Marinate as you would the tuna.