Organic Savory Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
These mushroom-and-quinoa-stuffed mini pumpkins contain all of the flavors of fall. With savory herbs and a hint of tart-sweetness from dried cranberries, these adorable little stuffed pumpkins will be the hit of your next fall gathering!
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 8 mini pumpkins (about 10 to 13 ounces each)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Simply Organic® Black Pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Sage Leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Rosemary Leaf
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice tops off mini pumpkins; scoop out seeds and place pumpkins on a baking sheet. Rub inside flesh with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until pumpkins are just tender (will vary based on size of pumpkins).
- Meanwhile, in a pot, gently bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion, and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and kale leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender and caramelized.
- Add sage and rosemary and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then add quinoa, cranberries and apple cider, cooking until cider is absorbed.
- Arrange pumpkins in a large baking dish and stuff each with quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until pumpkins are soft and stuffing is heated through. Serve hot.